AIMS, VALUES AND ETHOS OF THE SCHOOL
We live and learn in faith and love for the Lord.
We are a caring community which aims to promote respect and understanding of all individuals through a sharing of Catholic Faith and the love of Christ. All children will feel a sense of worth, knowing that they are valued and loved by God in their uniqueness.
We seek to create a learning environment which enables our children to succeed to their best ability and which recognises and values their variety of talents
We acknowledge the importance of our role in support for the family, the parish and the wider community.
Aims of the School
We believe that people learn best in different ways. At Sacred Heart Catholic Primary School, we provide a rich and varied learning environment that allows children to develop their skills and abilities to their full potential.
Our School aims through the values of the Gospel to provide the highest standard of education by:
- Living the Mission Statement through our Caring Code and providing equality of opportunity.
- Providing a Catholic Christian setting in which children can become confident, resourceful, enquiring and independent learners.
- Fostering a growth of commitment to the love and service of Christ through the teaching and practices of the Catholic Church.
- To ensure all children attending the school follow an appropriate code of behaviour
- To help our children respect other people’s religions and develop their understanding of other cultures
- To enable our children to receive a broad and balanced curriculum whilst ensuring progress is made in the basic skills
- To prepare our children to meet all kinds of situations by developing self-esteem, confidence and independence
Our Mission Statement and Aims underpin every aspect of day-to-day life in our school community. To help achieve these aims our school offers a happy, safe and welcoming atmosphere.
Children are encouraged to learn through first-hand experience in a stimulating environment. Staff development is a priority, and the school boasts a highly professional team with considerable expertise.
Our Governors commit themselves to supporting the development of our school.